Thursday, April 1, 2010

Celebrating April Fools Day

So today I (Torben)post my first blog statement. Frankly it is the first chance that I have really had to sit down with a clear head in the last month. Wow has it been crazy! I thought that I was going to have time to relax and catch a few Spring Training games when I left the firm. Boy was I ever wrong. Between moving and selling off most everything that we own, by the way this was a real eye opener. You have no idea what the value of your personal items are until you have to sell them. Trust me when I say that it is no where near what you would expect. However we have received a much better value for our money...FREEDOM. I had no idea how bound I was to material things until I had to sell them to make room for our trip. Once we started to get rid of stuff we immediately felt a weight lifting off of us. Truly a cathartic moment in our lives. Now we are on the road and we are finally learning how not to be in a hurry. We decided to decompress near my hometown of Gainesville in a beautiful and unique RV resort called Williston Crossings. All of the sites are private and wooded and there is actually an old abandoned train on the property that adds to the fun. The babies have enjoyed our exploration as well but we are all really just enjoying our time together. I'll sign off by saying how grateful I am to all of our friends who have been so helpful in making this journey possible and in reminding us of what is really important in life. Bill and Leslie Johnson, Carson and Terri Robinson and most assuredly Dee Dee Price who all have given so very much to help us and to send us off with a feeling of such love and support. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment